1. Definition Personal data means data which can identify you as a natural person. The type of data is specified in point 3. of this document. Processing personal data means to gather, order, store, update, adjust, consult, use, spread or put at the disposal of, reassemble, combine, archive, delete or destroy data that can identify you as a natural person. 2. People or institute responsible for processing the data International Nautical Services Yachtsurveyor (INS Yachtsurveyor) is the responsible party for processing your personal data. As the responsible party, we decide on the goal and the way your personal data is processed.
3. The data we gather and process A. The personal data you share with us We process the personal data you share with us by phone, by mail, by letter, by SMS,… B. The personal data we gather with our system We appoint your personal data to certain products and services. Furthermore, we register you personal data to service you with client history overviews and others. C. What are personal data? Your name, surname, address, phone number, e-mail, personal preferences and billing information. We only process data necessary to deliver our services or products. Information International Nautical Services Yacht Surveyor– Grimaldilaan 69 Stabroek België such as ethnic origin, political preferences, sexual preferences,… are not processed or kept in data files. D. Personal data of potential clients We can gather personal information through different channels such as our websites. We will only use this information of potential clients to supply them with relevant information about our services and products. 4. What do we use the personal data for? A. Proportional processing We use your personal data to:
• Prepare, exercise or finish a contract;
• To apply to the law or other rules;
• To protect our legitimate interests, in which case we always aim for a balance between our interest and respecting your privacy. When none of the above reasons to process your personal data applies, we will ask your permission to process your personal data. B. Our processing activities We collect personal data to:
• Process your request for our services or products All gathered information will only be used to provide you with the requested information. When you decide to become a client, data such as your name, telephone number, email,… will be asked and stored.
• Inform you about new products or services We can use your personal data to inform you about our new products or services, events, … that might be interesting for you.
• Monitor our performance We can use your personal data to evaluate our products and services. This can be done by phone, mail, letter,…
• Apply to the legal requirements There are several legal reasons why we should keep certain personal data. International Nautical Services Yacht Surveyor– Grimaldilaan 69 Stabroek België 5. How do we secure your personal data? A. Our technical and internal measures We work hard to protect your personal data and privacy. Our employees are trained to work with your data in a proper, confidential way. We installed several technical measures to secure unauthorized access to, use or theft of your data such as password secured entrance, firewalls, anti-virus programs and access control for our employees. In case of a security breach, we inform our clients personally as obliged by law. The number of employees with entrance to our data is limited and are carefully selected. Only people who need the data to excercise their jobs have entrance to the data. 6. Do we sell your data or pass it to other parties? No, we do not sell personal data to third parties unless you give us the permission to do so. When, for whatever reason, third parties are given certain personal data, we inform you who the third party is, why he gets the information and how he will use the received information. If requested by law, we will first ask approval for the transfer of data. 7. What are your privacy rights? A. Right of inspection You have the right to ask at any given moment in time what kind of personal data we have stored, why we have it, how long we will store it, what your privacy rights are and to file a complain. B. You have the right to receive a free copy of the processed personal data. C. You have the right to adjust and improve your personal data You have the right to adjust incorrect, incomplete, false, unjust or outdated information. To ensure all data is correct, we kindly request to inform us about changes in your address, email or other relevant data. D. You have the right to be forgotten You have the right to delete your personal data in our database when:
• We do not need your personal data for which we gathered them in the first place;
• You redraw your consent to process your personal data; International Nautical Services Yacht Surveyor– Grimaldilaan 69 Stabroek België
• You make objection to process of your personal data and we have no legal grounds to further process your data;
• Your personal data were illegally processed
• Your personal data have to be deleted to apply to legal rules; Please keep in mind that we are not able to delete all requested personal data. For example when the data is necessary for processing a legal action. Of course, we will inform you about that when a right to be forgotten is requested. E. Your right to limit processing personal data. You have the right to limit processing personal data if one of the following cases applies:
• You dispute the accuracy of the personal data: their use is limited for a certain period to enables us to check the accuracy of the data;
• The processing of your personal data is unlawful: instead of deleting your data, you request restriction of its use;
• We no longer need your data for the original processing purposes, but you need them for the institution, exercise or substantiation of a legal claim: instead of deleting your data, its use is limited for the institution, exercise or substantiation. of the legal claim;
• As long as no decision has been taken on the exercise of your right to object to the processing, you request to limit the use of your personal data; F. Your right to object to the processing of your personal data You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of your special situation if the processing is part of the legitimate interest of International Nautical Services Yachtsurveyor or in the context of the general interest.
International Nautical Services Yachtsurveyor will cease processing your personal data, unless we can demonstrate compelling and legitimate reasons for the processing that outweigh your own or when the processing of the personal data is related to the establishment, exercise or substantiation of a legal claim (eg submitting a request to a court).
8. How long do we keep your personal data? We may not store personal data longer than necessary to realize the purpose for which we collect it. The storage period can therefore differ per goal. For example, to comply with our legal obligations (to meet our accounting and tax obligations, for example, we are required to keep your billing data for a maximum of 7 years) or from the legal need for certain data (in particular your contract, invoices and correspondence in connection with complaints in this regard) as proof in case of disputes, up to 10 years after termination of your contract. These archived data are, of course, only accessible to a limited extent. 9. How can I contact International Nautical Services Yachtsurveyor?